ents. Coping with back to school blues and the shift from summer relaxation to hectic school routines can be challenging, but fear not! We’ve gathered some tips to help you navigate this transition and keep those back-to-school blues at bay and your fitness routine on track!
Here are 5 items to help with coping with back to school blues that will help you keep your stress levels and health on track:
- Focus on Time Management: Taking Charge of Your Schedule is one of the keys to a smooth transition back to school and the new flow of your weeks. Establish a daily routine that includes dedicated time for work, family, and self-care. As sports and events increase in your child’s lives, make sure to block in time for your own health.
- Automate Your Diet: The best way to ensure you don’t hit physical or mental burnout is by fueling your body and mind. Take one day a week to prep protein, and cut up vegetables. This will save you 30 mins minimum daily when prepping dinner. It will also help you to maintain a balanced diet/free you up for more family time in the evening. Planned effort now = less stress and more wins later.
- Soak up some sun: As the weather changes, so will the amount of sunlight (vitamin D) our body will get. Make it a priority to get outside and soak up 10-20 minutes of sunlight daily. This will help you increase quiet time/self care in your life and will help ease into the fall/winter season. Increasing vitamin D also helps with seasonal affective disorder which some experience during the winter months.
- Make Movement A Priority: Daily movement provides numerous benefits. Less stress, improved metabolism, less aches and pains, and better overall movement. You don’t need to run a 10K each day to experience the benefits. Start small, and set a goal to move your body for 20 mins a day on lunch, then build from there.
- Start something new: The best way to reinvigorate a new season is to create a new goal! As your children settle into new routines, this is a great time to set up yourself for some new habits.
Working on weight loss and reducing stress doesn’t have to be exhausting. In fact, taking control of your own health and habits proves to do the exact opposite and we can give you the exact blueprint.
GET STARTED TRAINING WITH US – CLAIM YOUR FREE SESSION