For many of us crossing the 35+ threshold, back pain can become an unwelcome companion. If you’ve been experiencing aching, stiffness, or discomfort in your back, you’re not alone. But did you know that you can treat back pain with strength training?
Treating Back Pain With Exercise, Is It Possible?
Strength training, when done properly, is an effective method to treat back pain. Here’s how it works:
- Builds Muscle Balance: Your back is supported by a network of muscles, some of which often become neglected with age, causing imbalances and, in turn, pain. Strength training targets these muscles, creating balance and better support for your spine.
- Improves Posture: Poor posture is a common culprit for back pain. Strength training, particularly exercises focusing on the core and back muscles, promotes better posture, reducing strain on your back.
- Enhances Flexibility: Contrary to popular belief, lifting weights the right way can actually increase your flexibility, easing the tightness that contributes to back pain.
- Promotes Weight Management: Extra weight can put additional strain on your back, causing pain. Strength training boosts your metabolism, helping manage weight and reduce the load on your back.
Working With A Professional Is The Safest Way To Treat Back Pain
Now, you might be thinking – can’t I just start lifting weights at home? Here’s why working with a coach is crucial:
- Proper Form and Technique: Incorrect form can lead to injury and exacerbate back pain. A coach ensures you’re performing each exercise correctly and safely.
- Customized Plan: Everyone’s body is unique. A one-size-fits-all routine may not address your specific needs or may even cause harm. A coach designs a program tailored to you.
- Progress Tracking and Adjustments: A coach tracks your progress and makes necessary adjustments, helping you safely increase strength and avoid plateaus.
- Motivation and Accountability: Let’s face it; starting and sticking to a new routine is challenging. A coach provides the motivation and accountability you need to stay on track.
At Greenlight Personal Training, we believe in the power of strength training to transform lives, especially for our friends over 40. Our experienced trainers are ready to guide you on a path towards a stronger, pain-free back.
Ready to kick back pain to the curb? Schedule a discovery call with us today.
Yours in health,